It is a great pleasure to invite you to the 18th International Congress on Colorectal Surgery, which is to be held in person, in the period 5th-7th October 2023, in the city of Varna, Golden Sands Resort, hotel “Admiral”.
For the first time in four years, we will have the opportunity to meet in person and exchange valuable experience gained over the recent years, accumulated in this dynamically developing environment. This year’s congress will focus on robot-assisted minimally invasive surgery, personalised medicine and genetic research on colorectal cancer. Issues related to inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract will also be a part of the discussions.
This year’s congress will be unique and will stand out with the opportunity for your lectures to be personally filmed by a professional team within the event and, subject to your consent, to be published in the only virtual surgery academy in Bulgaria – GI Surgery Academy. You are welcome to share your surgical and therapeutic experience, expanding the scope of content in the virtual library of the platform, and we are committed to making it accessible and visible to the international surgical community..
Your colleague from Varna, Bulgaria
Prof. Krasimir Ivanov, MD,PhD, DSc
Chairman of the Organising Committee of the Congress
Date and location
XVIII International Congress of Colorectal Surgery will traditionally will be held in the city of Varna, Bulgaria
Registration: 08:00 ч., 05.10.2023
• Robot-assisted minimally invasive surgery of the digestive tract;
• Inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract;
• Surgery for liver metastases from colorectal carcinoma;
• Personalized medicine;
• Genetic examinations of oncological colorectal diseases.
Instructions to authors
- The abstracts and full-texts will be published in English in a Scripta Scientifica Medica journal supplement for 2023
- All manuscripts are submitted in English
- Application form registration: https://bit.ly/congres-en23
- Using the Application Form menu, fill out and upload: title of the manuscript, names and affiliations of the authors, e-mail, a separate file with the astract (uploaded by 30.06.2023), a file with the body text of the manuscript (uploaded by 31.07.2023);
- Please use the following instructions: click here
Participation fees for
XVIII International Congress of Colorectal Surgery
|Participants – residents/ PhD students||200 BGN|
|Accompanying person||200 BGN|
|Accomodation at hotel “Адмирал”|
|Double room||223 BGN|
|Single room||170 BGN|
Includes: entry to Congress plenary session and exhibition; breakfast, cocktail night, gala dinner, lunch, coffee break. The hotel provides: Wi-Fi, access to swimming pool, fitness and spa.
Please send the names of the participants and information on their accommodation and stay, as well as invoice details to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are going to send to you a proforma payment based on these data.
You can find further information on the event at http://tourexpo.bg/bg/events.html
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We present to you some of the photos of the XVIII Congress on Colorectal Surgery. It gathered over 400 participants from the country and abroad. They discussed innovative trends and techniques in the treatment of malignant and benign diseases of the colon and rectum.