Assoc. Dr. Shteryu Shterev, PhD
- Course on abdominal surgery – Bratislava, Slovakia, 1996.
- Specialized laparoscopic surgery and miniinvazivna in Hamburg, Germany 2010
- Course in minimally invasive surgery for cancer of the esophagus in Pittsburgh – United States in December 2014. the clinic’s lead specialist in the world in this area, Dr. D. James Luketich.
• Course on minimally invasive surgery for cancer of the esophagus in Pittsburgh – United States in December 2014. the clinic’s lead specialist in the world in this area, Dr. D. James Luketich.
o esophageal cancer
o stomach cancer
o Achalasia of the esophagus (kardiospaz″m)
o Diafragmalni hernias (hiatal hernia)
o gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD)
o Recurrences after fundoplication failed
o ulcer of stomach and duodenum and its complications – pyloric stenosis, etc. • disorders of the lower gastrointestinal tract – thin and thick intestines, proctology
o colon and rectum
o tumors of small intestine
o anal fissures
o Anal Fistulas
o Stones of the gallbladder (cholecystitis kalkulozen)
o Stones of bile duct (holedoholitiaza) • Hernias of the abdominal wall
o Inguinal hernias
o Postoperative hernias
o Recidivni hernias
There are 27 publications, including 17 real publications and 20 reports in the national and international scientific conferences, congresses and symposia. Of 5 posts are in Bulgarian periodicals, 1 in supplements of foreign periodicals with impact factor, as well as 11 chapters from textbooks and monographs. As the first author in 4 publications, as the second author in 2 publications, as a third and more at 11 real publications.
Research of Assoc. prof. Shterev is primarily aimed at diseases of upper digestive tract. Submitted by him and a team laparoskopskafundoplikaciâ results of international and national conferences, medical journals rank among the leading Rehab centres in Europe in the treatment of diseases of the esophagus and stomach.
Habilitation, issued with the title “Hiatalni hernias – diagnosis and treatment”, published in volume 151 p., in a circulation of 50 units, according to the requirements of the ITS-Varna. Habilitation work examines the complete and detailed the problems of diagnosis and treatment of hiatal hernia, all known methods of diagnostics and surgical treatment, the experience of the author in the treatment of this disease, as all the innovations in diagnostic and surgical devices. Gets three positive reviews from nationally recognized academic surgeons.
- Member of the American Medical Association;
- The Bulgarian surgical society;
- Union of scientists in Bulgaria.