Prof. Nikola Kolev, MD, PhD, Dsc
He was born on 12.02.1974 in the town of Shumen. He graduated at the Seventh School – Varna with learning English in 1992. He graduated from MU – Varna, in 1998 Prof. Dr. Nikola Kolev has 18 years medical experience during the entire period he worked as a surgeon. Specialist in Surgery since 2003. In 2006 defended dissertation on “Clinical significance of intraoperative sentinel marking the lymph nodes in colorectal cancer.” In 2001 he won a competition for Assistant Professor at the Department of General and Operative Surgery at the Medical University – Varna. Consecutive passes through senior and assistant professor. In 2010 he won a competition for associate professor at the Department of General and Operative Surgery, Anesthesiology and Intensive Care. Actively working in the field of oncology surgery and liver transplant surgery.
- Hospital “Beth Israel”;
- Clinic colorectal surgery;
- Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA;
- The foundations of laparoscopic surgery – Hospital “Inzel”
- University Clinic of Visceral and Transplant Surgery, Bern, Switzerland – hepatobiliary surgery and hepatology;
- Hospital “Niguarda Ka’Granda” Clinic Liver Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Milan, Italy – hepatobiliary surgery and liver transplants;
- German Red Cross Hospital “Klementinenhaus” Department of General Surgery and Traumatology, Hannover, Germany – Laparoscopic surgery for advanced;
- Oncology Center, Medical University “Georg-August” – Göttingen, Germany – Cancer advanced course;
- University Hospital Hannover, Department of General, Abdominal and Transplant Surgery, Hannover, Germany – visceral surgery and transplantation surgery – liver and kidney-pancreas;
- Rectal cancer surgery, University Hospital – Ljubljana, Slovenia;
- Endorectal ultrasound – University Hospital – Seoul, South Korea.